Maltic is the second dungeon available to players and features gear that can be used by newer and veteran players alike. It features the Wild Typhus Boss which is accessible via the tower at the end of the dungeon pathway. It requires a Maltic Scroll to enter, which can be received at the Trader NPC next to the Maltic NPC in exchange for High Nipheria Gear.
Enemies in this dungeon drop Bronze, which can be used to craft Silver, Gold, and eventually Platinum, each one costing 100 to craft the next level up. These are used to craft some armor and weapons, but is more commonly sold in the mall as a trade commodity, being sort of like a secondary currency for the server. It should be noted that the Wild Typhus Boss drops Silver when defeated, making it a more effective way of farming for Maltic drops
Most players agree that Maltic is also the best place for XP grinding, especially with the witches that spawn not too far into the dungeon dropping a lot of experience and being easier to kill in bulk due to the area’s many choke points. However most higher level players farm the Wolves in the section before the Witches for some reason, despite them being harder to kill and dropping less XP.
Once upon a time in a snowy terrain infested with abnormally large spikes and glaciers, lived a small residence that lived their happy lives in tranquility and peace. Everything was going as the times went, and time passed as everyone enjoyed their satisfactory lives. Mortals there were joyous and satisfactory with what is given to them, very seldom would you hear sighs and grunts, it was a truly happy place.
Then unknowingly in a time that is not recorded, the sky grew dark and clouds soared quick, the kids ran to the houses and told their elders of what was going on, But little did they know this storm wasn't caused by the ordinary events of the planet... it was the mysterious aura of the Typhus and his army. With the evil inside that is overlapped by overwhelming charisma, the one called Typhus and his soldiers opened a their book and read the contents within that book, chanting sacred phrases and sentences that hinted the coming of a "new age". At that very moment the village guardian was present, a sharp and witty guardian who could sense danger from a mile away. But this great danger was merely meters away, and the guardian ran towards the magnifying but oddly familiar aura.
Arriving at the scene, he saw what he could never forget, he saw all his friends, family, and fellow warriors all kneeling down and praising his very own brother that he hadn't met in years. The guardian clenched his fists, gritted his teeth, and wielded both his swords, the swords of fire and ice. After a short wordless glare of disappointment and anger, the guardian rushed to fight what was once his close friend and sibling. Blow after blow, and hit after hit, soon one of the two incredible fighters would reach their limit. Unfortunately, after a short exchange of glares between the two, the guardian would wipe that poker face of his and show an immense expression of pain and exhaustion.. He kneeled down, let out heavy breaths, shed tears, and would soon be tortured by his own brother
Having killed the miserable but honorable guardian, Typhus picked up both his swords, and was grinning as he was absorbing both the powerful swords, with no regard of his brother whatsoever. With absorbing the sephiroth swords, came and even greater power within Typhus. And with all that power he grew larger and larger, hair started growing all over his body, he started to feel heavier on his upper body that would soon morph from humanoid position into that of a 4 legged animal. And after the mysterious and unexpected transformation, the once charming and handsome Typhus turned into a hideous beast, he let out an astonishing roar to show his people that he was the new king.
With the village being under Typhus' command, it remained very much the same, with the exception of it's inhabitants being under typhus' brainwash. the villagers there appeared to be the same welcoming and friendly villagers of the old village, but what's behind that warm smile was a corrupted mind. Villagers there would come into houses and kidnap people of all age and size, only to feed them to their king, their master, Typhus. This was the new revolution and was the coming of the new age, said Typhus. Typhus needed all the power he could get in order to obtain world order
a decade went by, Typhus got stronger and stronger after every mortal he devoured. The word of the village and it's "king" were spread out around the land, gossips and cries of the devilish "monster" were soon heard of and re-written as children folklores that were used to scare kids away from dangerous places. Mortals everywhere would try anything to put and end to Typhus, they would place huge amounts of gold for Typhus' head. Warriors soon heard of Typhus and they were thrilled by the challenge along with the prize money, they would enter the village with the hope of being able to take typhus down. Typhus also heard about him being wanted, and he was thrilled, he wanted to be able to guide these warriors into his "revolution".. He wanted them to aid him on his path to his "new age"
And so.. Will you put and end to his reign?
MOBS[edit | edit source]
- ICE WOLVES - “Wolves that were once wild and free, but then kidnapped and are genetically modified to not howl at all, and so the perfect silent hunter pack was created.”
Mob type: Wolf
•1 - 3 XP Orbs
- ICE PARASITES - “Absurdly large parasites that the naked eye can view, but are still really small. Created by typhus' best biologists, these parasites can swiftly kill while barely getting hit.”
Mob type: Endermite
•3 XP Orbs
- ICE WITCHES - “Prodigies who were selected by typhus to devote their life into learning witchcraft, and are sent out to roam the forests of maltic “
Mob Type: Witch
•6 - 8 XP Orbs
- FROZERS - “Selected by Typhus to guard the icicle cave of maltic, genetically modified to be able to withstand the coldest of temperatures and to inflict deadly frostbites on intruders.”
- LOST SOULS - “The dead people of typhus who are given a second life, a life that is devoted to guard Typhus and scare anyone who dares to intrude.”
- MINIBOMBER - “Incapable children who had their bodies modified to explode repeatedly, blowing up themselves and anything they chase.”
- OASIS - “Typhus' humanoid offsprings that are very powerful but too drunk in power, banished by Typhus because he feared that they would mindlessly take over him. They reside under the bridge where they can barely escape.”
- TITAN - “Zombies who are mutated and and sent out to guard the palace of Typhus, stomps and crushes whoever steps foot into the area.”
- TYPHUS - “The not so beautiful beast who awaits challengers who dare to challenge him.”
Mob Type: Ravager
•20 XP Orbs
ITEMS(TIER S)[edit | edit source]
- RIGHT SEPHIROTH SWORD- The sword of Fire, was once wielded by the village guardian and now resides in Typhus body. When wielded by pure good or pure evil, it can grant immense power that is hot enough to cut through almost anything.
- LEFT SEPHIROTH SWORD - The sword of Ice, was once wielded by the village guardian and now resides in Typhus body. When wielded by pure good or pure evil, it can grant immense power that can grant it's wielder resistance and send chills to it's victim.
- FROSTBITTEN HELMET - Headgear that can protect your head from the hardest of hits, but also cool enough to maintain your focus in intense situations.
- FROSTBITTEN CHESTPLATE - Body armor that is said to be able to grant it's user dexterity and protection. You can be sure that this armour will protect your torso.
- FROSTBITTEN LEGGINGS - Great pair of armor that can improve your legs with immense compression, and can also relieve your muscles when needed to prevent cramps. Grant plyometric power that rivals those of the world's top athletes
- FROSTBITTEN BOOTS - Shiny boots that can grant you eternal speed, feels like you are skating on ice.
ITEMS(TIER A)[edit | edit source]
- MITHRIL - Sacred material that resides in Typhus, but may also be present in some of his most powerful offsprings. It is only to be obtained by those who have the courage and strength. Can be used to craft the legendary Frostbitten Armor Set
- AMBER GRANDALF - A bright and powerful rod that once wielded by one of Maltic's top Wizard, Jenova. only to be recreated and replicated overtime for the guards and witches. What was once Jenova's signature weapon is now a common weapon sought out by many power hungry warriors.
- JENOVA HAT - A magical hat that was once used by the WIzard Jenova, can aid it's users in battle by strengthening the head. All of Jenova's armor pieces had their power extracted and genetically installed into Typhus' offspring, the oasis.
- JENOVA CLOAK - the cloak that the wizard used to wear everytime he went out. It's said to give it's user mass control over their power.
- JENOVA TROUSERS - pants that the wizard used to look fashionable, but also remained agile in battle.
- JENOVA SHOES - Jenova's favorite pair of shoes that granted him the ability to master footwork.
ITEMS(TIER B)[edit | edit source]
- GRANDALF - The failed but still powerful duplicates of the Amber Grandalf. Having the indistinct appearance of a stick or a twig, you might just see them lying on a ground with a bunch of normal sticks.
- FROST BREAKER - A sword that is given by Typhus for the lost souls to use. A weightless sword that grants it's wielder a chilly feel.
- ICLYN HAT - An armor piece that is crafted with the coldest ice shards around the land.
- ICLYN CHESTPLATE - An armor piece that is crafted with the coldest ice shards around the land.
- ICLYN LEGGINGS - An armor piece that is crafted with the coldest ice shards around the land.
- ICLYN BOOTS - An armor piece that is crafted with the coldest ice shards around the land.
ITEMS(TIER C)[edit | edit source]
- BLIZZARD SWORD - A sword that can hit like a mini blizzard
- ICE SWORD - A sword made purely of ice, rather freeze than get frozen by this
- BLIZZARD HAT - Armor that is crafted to withstand power of blizzards, mini blizzards
- BLIZZARD CHESTPLATE - Armor that is crafted to withstand power of blizzards, mini blizzards
- BLIZZARD LEGGINGS - Armor that is crafted to withstand power of blizzards, mini blizzards
- BLIZZARD BOOTS - Armor that is crafted to withstand power of blizzards, mini blizzards
- ICE HELMET - Aesthetically pleasing armor that is more fashionable than useful
- ICE CHESTPLATE - Aesthetically pleasing armor that is more fashionable than useful
- ICE LEGGINGS - Aesthetically pleasing armor that is more fashionable than useful
- ICE BOOTS - Aesthetically pleasing armor that is more fashionable than useful